Thursday, December 29, 2011

Trip craziness

It's been a crazy day today. I haven't blogged for a while and I can't check where I left off because I'm on a bus riding back to Bangkok.
Yesterday, before we checked out of the Naga Hotel, the owner asked us if we wanted to buy bus tickets from him to get back to Bangkok. We said sure, paid $9 each and then he said someone will come pick us up at the Downtown Siem reip hostel which is where we were staying next.
This morning we waited and there was a guy that drove up and asked for our tickets. We weren't given tickets by Naga and he called the bus company and they said we were given tickets and took them therefore we couldn't get new tickets. In a flurry of frustration and a short amount of time, we didn't have a choice and had to re buy the bus tickets.Lesson learned, when traveling, ask and keep all transportation tickets.

The entire trip should have taken 10 hours. We left Siem reip, Cambodia at 8:30, got to the Cambodia/Thai border and that took over 2 hours to get though.
We went from a tour bus to getting split up into small mini busses. It's 6pm right now and we're still driving.
We stopped breifly just now and there was a lady selling fried chicken at the gas station. I bought some and now i'm slightly regretting my decision because I'm feeling really greasy and gross inside...

No comments:

Post a Comment