Monday, December 12, 2011

Food expectations

It's 3am and the bus is taking a quick pit stop at a gas station in the very exotic, Mauston Wisconsin. Coincidentally enough, my friend is on a similar road trip coming from Chicago to Minneapolis so I was able to chat with him midway at the gas station which definitely woke me up and gave this short trip a sort of small world feeling since we didn't coordinate the meeting.

I was starving and my only choice for hot food was Wendy's so I had to take it or eat my emergency cliff bar I brought along and risk needing it later in the day.
So I was thinking about my food choices lately because I've been rushing to and from point A to point B. Just today I had wendy's and arbys and they weren't my actual meal either. This past week I've also had White Castle, Red Robin, and Mesa Pizza to name a few. Usually people are eating ridiculously unhealthy fast food when they're on a trip and I haven't even started mine yet!

My hope...nay my priority when I get to china is to not touch anything deep fat fried or from an American based chain restaurant. I cannot wait to eat Yoshinoya, Korean BBQ, and craploads of sushi. I have to go now because my frosty is melting lol

No comments:

Post a Comment