Sunday, December 18, 2011

Friend arrival

Aaron and Lahti arrived today. I got a call around 9am that they got into Shenzhen and be on standby to meet up with them when they arrive into Tsim Sha Tsui where they coincidentally planned to live as well.

In the meantime I took my two uncles out for dim sum and treated them since they were so nice for giving me a place to stay and showing me around the city.
I only had one mission today which was to find stuff to bring home.
Aaron finally called around 4pm and told me where he was staying, super old building well known in HK for housing illegal immigrants from Africa. I got there to meet him and the building itself was super busy with non-chinese people and a big sign with at least 10 different hostels within the building. I guess they got a good deal of about $300 HKD for the room.

Aaron’s been feeling under the weather for the past week or so and was planning on just hanging out in the room doing research for the trip wile I show Lahti around HK and bring her to the harbor.


We went to Mon Kok and I couldn’t find the electronics market. This was the first time I was walking around HK without a guide and I felt really lost. Eventually I gave up and we took the train to the harbor on Kowloon side.
We got there just in time for the laser show, where the lights on the buildings are synced with music. It was pretty lame but I got some nice pictures from it.
The plan tomorrow is to grab dim sum, wander the city, then take a bus from HK to Shenzhen, about 2 hours, then make it to our flight at 11pm and arrive at 1am in Bangkok.

No comments:

Post a Comment