Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Buddhist Temple Day

Today we wanted to do more sight seeing.
One really cool thing about Bangkok is that they use boats to get up and down the river like a bus system. We took one up the river and got off to check out a nearby temple.

At the boat stop we engorged ourselves with tons of cheap food. I got a plate of deep fried shrimp and what I thought were french fries but were actually fried octopus tentacles with lime. OMG so tasty and it was $3 USD. After that I got an entire fried fish for $3.50 and just demolished it too.




The temple we went to had a giant reclining Buddha plated in gold.





For some reason the temple had cats everywhere and pregnant cats too. Aaron decided to pick one up and it was totally fine with it lol



We are back at the Smile Society eating dinner and about to take the overnight train to Pakse Laos. It's about 11 hours and we'll be arriving around 8am.
The lady that runs this hostel is so nice. I asked her if I could keep a bag of clothes here and she didn't charge me any money. We plan to stay here again on the return trip home so i unloaded like 25 lbs of clothes that I shouldn't have packed int the first place.

I think we have about half an hour left here so I'll rush some photos and upload them.

No comments:

Post a Comment