Friday, December 23, 2011

Screw you Hawaii



So right now I am enjoying a cold coconut while lounging at our bungalow along the Mekong River at Don Khong Laos. The trip here was not an easy one though.
Woke up this morning around 7 and our bus was at 7:45 to get here. I took too long because I was chatting on skype and we missed our bus.
Had to get a guy with a pick up truck to take us to the bus stop and from there we crammed into a , for a lack of a better word, bus. They put 37 people inside with 3 pigs and tied a scooter on the back.

Aaron was bold enough to ask if we could ride on top and they said sure.



The entire trip was about 4 hours long and Aaron and Lahti got sunburned pretty badly. I'm very thankful for my latino genes for my slight tan.

After getting covered in dust for the last half of the trip, we had to hire a boat to take us to Don Khong island, part of the 4000 islands.
This place is so amazing, everyone is just lazy and sleeping in hammocks. Our bungalow is about $6 a person for the night. I've been to Hawaii before and this place is so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment