Thursday, December 22, 2011

On the train

Good morning
I just woke up and I'm still on the train. I've been traveling so much that I honestly had to stop and think about what day it was without looking at my watch. It is Thursday and I'm going home in a week :(

Last night the train was scheduled to leave at 8:30 pm but we didn't actually start moving until a little after 10. For some reason it kept going forward a bit and then backing up and slamming into things.
Aaron thinks that we had to add on cargo carts since it's a more efficient use of energy for trains in Asia.

I slept really well on my bed. Originally I thought we had a private room but nope, just beds on the side of the cart. I took the bottom bunk because my seat converted to a sleeper and put my duffle bag underneath so I actually have to get up and lift the seat to get anything out of my bag so it's theft proof.

Right now it's 10am and it doesn't look like we're stopping anytime soon.
I'm a big fan of taking sleeper trains but apparently they added a bullet train from Beijing to Shanghai now so the 12 hr ride became a 4 1/2 hr ride which makes me sad.

One of the plans for the trip into Laos is that we're going to see freshwater river dolphins. Aaron said that at the dolphin reservation they put little saddles on them :D

No comments:

Post a Comment