Friday, December 30, 2011

Overnight in Shenzhen airport

The flight to Shenzhen went alright. It was delayed an hour which wasn't a big deal.
When I got on my plane, people were sitting in my seat and they asked me if I could sit one row up so they could sit together. I'm kind of glad that happened because I sat next to two guys, Ron and Max, from HK that went on almost the EXACT trip I just went on.
They were in Siem Reip the same time and they went to the 4000 islands as well.
It was interesting swapping stories and traveling lessons that we learned on our trips.

I got to Shenzhen at midnight and I immediately went to figure out a place to sleep for the night. There was a corner in Terminal B that I set up camp.

I watched some tv for an hour and was hoping to go on Reddit and Facebook but completely forgot about the great fire wall of China. I was about to fall asleep at 2am but then a cop tapped my shoulder and told me I couldn't sleep in the terminal.
He rounded up 10 people around me and made us go to Mcdonalds.
I got about 2 hours of sleep because people don't know how to shut up.

My alarm went off at 5:20, with enough time to go to the ticket desk, get checked in early and grab breakfast.
There were A TON of people in line already. I waited an hour in line and then the lady turned me away because I was too early.



I came back at 8:30 and they finally checked my bag in.

Right now I'm at the gate, flight should be about 3 hours and I'll get to hang around shanghai airport for 4 hours before my 13 hr flight home.

No comments:

Post a Comment